Saturday, February 1, 2014

About Me

Hi, I'm Barbi, so nice to meet you!




I’m the owner/admin behind Northland Bargains, bringing you a little bit of my world from the northern Minnesota woods, or as I call it, "up in the trees". Blogging isn’t all I do, contrary to popular belief.
Besides being a blogger, I am also: Christian. Married. Mom to 2 kids + 3 fur-babies.
 Slightly internet-obsessed.  Craft nut.  DIY dreamer.  Graphic-artist.  And I love to travel (ok in my daydreams lately, but someday I plan to again...)
Here’s some more random stuff…
Some of my favorite things are hazelnut coffee, graphic arts (owner of Computer Labels By Barbi - I create personalized labels, stationery, and other paper & digital goods), going for walks (when weather allows), basking in the sun (again, when mosquitoes aren't chewing on my every inch and it's warm enough), family game night, paper crafts, rubber stamps, Nascar & NHRA auto racing, watching my DVR un-interrupted, chips and salsa, eBay and Listia auctions, couponing, and entering giveaways.
I’ve traveled to  Canada, Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Italy, South Korea, and in the US I’ve been to Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Kansas, California, Florida, and a few different airports in other states.

Something a lot of people might not know about me:
I am an Army Veteran.  
(6+2 Reservist for the 417th Maint. in MN (now disbanded), 88th Regional Readiness Command.
 Signal Ready, hooah.)
Qualified as a Sharpshooter, and yes I knew my M-16 inside & out.  Still enjoy shooting (recreationally of course, at targets) and also was in archery awhile back with hubby and enjoyed that as well.   Hubby is an air-force veteran.
I want to see the world! But especially New York City, Washington DC, Daytona Beach FL (again), Caribbean and any tropical island, Australia, and would love to go back to Germany and Italy.
I’m currently reading The Bible, devotions, and starting a prayer journal.  I read most of my news from the major news sources on Facebook.  I also like to keep up-to-date on weather and check weather.com or intellicast.com at least twice a day.
I’m currently listening to:
SPOTIFY! - See my profile HERE.

Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin, Dream On by Aerosmith, By Our Love by Christy Nockels, Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi, Battleships by Daughtry, Worn by Tenth Avenue North, Revelation Song by Kari Jobe, Set Fire To The Rain by Adele, Winter by Tori Amos, Hero by Skillet, Monster by Skillet, Rock Show by Halestorm, No Leaf Clover by Metallica, Fade to Black by Metallica, A Sorta Fairytale by Tori Amos, 10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord) by Matt Redman, You Never Let Go by Jeremy Camp, The Way by Jeremy Camp
You can find me here:
Facebook (follow me): http://facebook.com/createdbybarbi
(Only accept friend requests from people I know, but feel free to follow me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment